Why is Feminism Such a Dirty Word: Part 1
(all credit goes to justfeministhings)
Uhmm…none of these are true…
Uhmm…. they’re all based off real events. Every single one of them is true. Check your ignorance.
All right…slide by slide.
1. Feminism is FAR from the the only equality movement. There are also the ideas that people from all religions, racial backgrounds, ethnicities, no matter their gender or sexuality that people are equal.
2.Never conned anyone..don’t know what that even has to do with feminism?
3. I know me and my friends group have worked to do better at not generalizing anyone (i.e. genders, men, races, pro-life/pro-choicers).
4. The whole idea is we be equal as men and women. So it isn’t that all feminist believe they don’t have feelings or think about their actions. But the fact that men are thought not to have these things is part of what makes me upset because it is an excuse. Men and women and all people make mistakes, so just because of someone’s gender doesn’t mean one does or does not have feelings.
5. What else are we supposed to do with hateful words if people aren’t willing to change their language. Bitch has become one of the words I don’t take as offensive. This is because when someone calls me a bitch it is usually because I did something for myself and made a decision that is for my own health and personal reasons.
6. I am not stuck in victimhood…I am strong!!! And with that I have a voice too help women and men alike who do feel that way about themselves.
7. Never seen/heard of anyone burning another feminists book…disagreeing and being crazy are different.
8. This has been a problem in a lot of media lately, but sometimes it feels like the only way to appreciate another body. That doesn’t mean it is ok. People should be able to be represented in our society of all shapes and sizes without one being bad or ugly. It’s those ideas of making someone feel like their body is the ugly one that causes depression and eating disorders.
9. I don’t mock anti-feminists. I just argue with them and be completely obnoxious about my beliefs. They can have their opinion, but I am not willing to move backwards in our history of where women have gotten.
10. ALL PEOPLE get to make choices in their life and depending on the outcome they have to learn how to live with their choices. Just because someone isn’t a feminist doesn’t mean they don’t have the same rights as every other human being.
1. Feminists claim that anyone who believes men and women are equal is automatically a feminist, even though there’s a lot more to feminism than just that. It’s like you bold an advertisement and then ask people to ignore the fine print at the bottom that states all the negative side effects.
2. Anita Sarkeesian is a famous feminist with the video series “Feminist Frequency” which does criticism of video games. She infamously asked people to donate thousands of dollars to help with the video series and then instead kept all the money for herself.
3. You’re in the minority, because the vast majority of feminists have turned “not all men” into a joke to mock men who don’t want to be labelled as bad people.
4. Then stop referring to men as poisoned M&Ms and other vicious things in your stupid inaccurate analogies on tumblr.
5. Feminists have redefined the word sexism so that it only applies to women in an attempt to erase male victims of sexism and excuse themselves from being called out as sexist.
6. Feminism has turned into a huge victim complex. #YesAllWomen
7. There’s a big post going around with over 100,000 notes of a girl burning a book by a prominent feminist scholar named Christina Hoff Sommers because the book pointed out that men and boys are suffering injustices and inequalities in the system that shouldn’t be ignored.
8. Then you should stop idolizing Nicki Minaj and other artists that mock thin women. And you should stop putting up this idea that thin women are “privileged” in society because that’s a load of horseshit.
9. Laci Green (another prominent feminist) and other feminists made a mockery of women against feminism and teased and tormented them because of their decision to not identify as feminists. In case you were wondering, that’s pretty damn misogynistic to do to other women.
10. Then start telling other feminists to quit slapping labels onto people and forcing them to join the feminist cult.
Either you haven’t been paying attention or are refusing to acknowledge what feminism is actually about.